top of page

End of Chemo MRI

Cam had a great Christmas and New Year...but this week was quite a week. Cam was originally supposed to get his end of chemo MRI on Friday of this week, but we noticed that he was having shunt issues again so the team ended up adjusting his shunt setting and admitting him for observation on Wednesday night. The good news is is the adjustment seemed to work; he’s perked up and is back to himself. Since we were already in patient the team moved his MRI to Thursday and we met with his primary neuro-oncologist yesterday (Friday) to discuss the results. the great news is that Cam had a complete response to chemo. This is the best outcome we could have hoped for. We are, however, still discussing next steps and additional treatment because of Cam’s tumor type and the amount of spread he had at diagnosis. Cam’s tumor has a very high chance of recurrence without additional treatment and if it were to recur it would likely be untreatable. That said, we are so grateful to have gotten to this point. Most kids with Cam’s diagnosis never hear “no evidence of disease” (the official radiologist read-out).

We want to say thank you to our friends, family, and community who have provided food, house cleaning services, toys, childcare, etc. over the past 7 months. We would not have made it this far without you all. Mike and I also want to acknowledge our amazing employers, Cooley and Cvent, who were so understanding and made it so we could focus on Cam‘s care. We’ll be taking some time to relax and enjoy being together as a family over the next few weeks and will update you all once we’ve decided on next steps.

468 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


Post: Blog2_Post
bottom of page